IMPORTANT 2023 MEDICAID INFORMATION
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
In spring 2023, Virginia will begin reviewing Medicaid members’ eligibility for health coverage to make sure they still qualify. Terminations will not occur prior to April 30, 2023. CrossOver requires Medicaid patients to take the following steps (1-4 below) to ensure they do not lose healthcare insurance coverage.
CrossOver patients who do not complete this renewal process through Medicaid (described below in steps 1-4), will not be eligible for CrossOver services.
CrossOver patients who have completed the Medicaid renewal process, and are denied Medicaid, may be eligible for CrossOver services if their household income remains under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
For questions regarding Medicaid renewal, please contact your local Department of Social Services (DSS) – find your local DSS below (in step 2). For questions regarding CrossOver eligibility, please visit the Eligibility Information page or call 804-655-2794, option 6.
Referral Partners: Please call us at 804-655-2794, option 6 to inquire about new patient financial eligibility screening appointments.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOW?
The federal government declared a public health emergency when the COVID-19 pandemic began. Since then, state agencies have continued health care coverage for all medical assistance programs, such as Medicaid, even for people who are no longer eligible. The period of this public health emergency has now come to a close, and Medicaid is returning to open enrollment—meaning Medicaid participants must renew and enroll as they did prior to the 2020-2023 public health emergency. Please follow the below steps to ensure you do not lose healthcare coverage.
1. WATCH YOUR MAILBOX
Your case may be renewed without needing any action on your part, and if so you will receive a letter in the mail letting you know your health care coverage will continue.
However, if the Department of Social Services does not have all the information necessary to renew your benefits, they will send you a form or a checklist to complete and return by a certain date. Keep an eye on your mailbox to ensure you do not miss any important communications about your Medicaid renewal or updates.
2. UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION ONLINE
Be sure to update your contact information at one of the below sites or through your local Department of Social Services (DSS), listed below.
- CommonHelp at commonhelp.virginia.gov or call 855-242-8282 -> option 1 for English (option 2 for Spanish) -> option 1 to renew via phone or report a change.
Area Department of Social Services (DSS) websites and phone numbers:
- Henrico County DSS: 804-501-4001
- City of Richmond DSS: 3-1-1 or 804-646-7212 (outside Richmond area)
- Chesterfield County DSS: 804-748-1100
- Hanover County DSS: 804-365-4100
- Powhatan County DSS: 804-556-5880
- Goochland County DSS: 804-556-5880
3. RENEW WITH MEDICAID
Medicaid patients who do not complete the Medicaid renewal form will not be eligible to keep their Medicaid health coverage, and will not be eligible for CrossOver service.
Medicaid patients can complete their renewal form/checklist by:
- Submitting the completed form/documents online at commonhelp.virginia.gov using the case number and client ID on your form to associate your case to your account. You may also renew at CoverVA.
- Calling Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590) to submit your renewal information. Have the requested information gathered and ready to give over the phone.
- Mailing the completed form/documents to the address listed on the form or checklist by the due date. A prepaid return envelope will be provided to you by the Department of Social Services or you can turn in the form/documents by fax or in person at your local DSS.
For questions, additional help, or language assistance services or large-print, call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282 (TTY: 1-888-221-1590) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. WHAT’S NEXT FOR ME?
CrossOver Medicaid patients should continue to be on the lookout for additional communications regarding their Medicaid renewal.
If you are approved for your renewal, please bring your renewal letter or an updated Medicaid card (if provided one) to your next CrossOver appointment.
If you are denied, please call CrossOver at 804-655-2794, option 6 to inform us of the denial, and so we can schedule a financial screening renewal to continue your coverage under the CrossOver umbrella. Please bring the denial letter to your next appointment.
HELPFUL CROSSOVER LINKS
HELPFUL EXTERNAL LINKS