Overall Responsibility: To support the CrossOver clinical team, providing medical assistant services to CrossOver Healthcare Ministry patients.
Reports To: Medical Clinic Manager
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
• Schedule, mentor, manage and train volunteer nurses and medical assistants;
• Maintain inventory of clinical supplies and order supplies as needed;
• Arrange examining room instruments and equipment, maintain supplies and equipment, keep examining rooms neat and clean;
• Take medical histories and record vital signs;
• Enter data into electronic medical system;
• Explain treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination;
• Assist physician (or other clinician) during the examination;
• Provide medical interpretation;
• Provide assistance to clinicians with electronic health records system;
• Draw blood, take electrocardiograms, remove sutures, and change dressings;
• Collect and prepare laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments;
• Instruct patients about medication and special diets; prepare and administer medications as directed by a clinician;
• Authorize drug refills as directed, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy;
• Assist clinicians with patient communications – phone calls, emails or other messaging. ;
• Assist with evaluation and processing of in-kind donations of clinical supplies and equipment.
Hours: 40 hours per week. Generally 8:15 – 5:00, but some evening and weekend work will be required.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Spanish.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to function as part of a multicultural team.
• Knowledge of computers and various software applications.
• Desire to provide quality care to the poor.
• Certified Medical Assistant degree or LPN.
Cross Over Healthcare Ministry offers comprehensive healthcare services to patients who are low income and do not have medical insurance. Our full time clinics are located on Cowardin Avenue in South Richmond and Quioccasin Road in Western Henrico County.
Cross Over Healthcare Ministry’s Mission: provide high quality healthcare, promote wellness, and connect community talents and resources with people in need in the name of Jesus Christ.
Cross Over Healthcare Ministry’s Vision: A healthy, vibrant community where every person is restored by the compassionate, healing love of God.
Send resume, references & salary to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.